Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Letter to Reese

My Dearest Reese,
I can't believe that I am already writing you a letter for your 1st birthday.  To say that this year has gone quickly would be a complete understatement.  The events of the day that you were born are so vivid and alive that it is hard to imagine a year has passed.
Before you were born people "warned" us that life with 2 kids was difficult.  Plenty of friends and family said that two children would be much harder and more hectic than life with 1.  I couldn't disagree more.  While being responsible for you and your sister can be challenging at times, I've never felt more at ease in my life.  You truly complete our family and in turn...complete me.
Now that you are here in this world I feel as though you've always been in my heart...maybe even from the moment that I was born.  Maybe you and Zoey have been with me all of my life...and I have just been waiting to meet you both.  You are the missing puzzle piece.  The missing link.  The thing that makes life, well...make sense. 
I want you to know so many things that it would be impossible to write it all down.  It would take a million years.  Just when I think I've said it all--one more thing pops into my head.  Here are just a very few:
I want you to know how much I love you.  How much we all love you.  You came into this world with a smile and haven't stopped since.  Even with your fierce competition {sister Zo}, you are without a doubt the happiest baby I have ever met.  You never cry.  You are never sick.  You are always happy.  Your giggle is contagious.  You make everyone you encounter a little brighter.
You are incredibly smart.  You clap, wave, blow kisses and give hugs.  You even pat our backs.  You say mama, dada and ZaZa.  You can sign several words and learn something new each day.  Your favorite thing to do in the mornings is look for birdies.  You smile, point and shout, "Dee!  Dee!"  You amaze me every second.  Just when I think I have you figured out you pull another trick.
You are a bit of a risk taker...as far as Orebaugh girls go.  You climb, cruise and love to explore.  You trample grass and shove sand in your mouth.  You took three seconds to have the beach figured out {which is just one of the many ways that I know you're mine}.
You are a little peanut.  At 18 pounds and 8 ounces you are in the 35th percentile.  The doctor says you must be taking after me which secretly makes me beam inside.  I love to hear someone (anyone!) say that you or your sister takes after me.  The doctor also says that you are perfect...which of course I already knew.  It's nice that everyone sees what I see.
I want you to know that you make our world a better place.  You make me a better mommy, a better wife and a better person. 
I want to say thank you.  Thank you for being my daughter.  Thank you for being Zoey's little sister.  Thank you for being the one who makes our family OUR FAMILY.
You and Zoey are my heart.
I love you so much.
Mommy

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Tears! Of course you are right about Reese. And we are so proud to be her Poppop and Gaga!

    ReplyDelete