Monday, February 20, 2012

Monkey Momma

I can't think of a cohesive theme for this blog post so bear with me...it's going to be random.
1.  My sweet pea has a runny nose and it is so pitiful.  She is not loving me wiping her nose every 10 minutes and has been very clingy.  I am digging on the snuggles but I feel so bad for her.  Every move she makes there is more snot coming out of her nose.
2.  Matt put two bins of her clothes in the attic today.  It made both of us so sad.  We brought out some of our favorites and just cooed about how cute she used to look in them.  I can't believe she is in 9 month stuff now.  I remember looking at those kinds of things and thinking that she'll never be big enough to wear it.  Well...she's big enough.
3.  Zoey is so fun to feed.  She plowed through the zucchini, sweet potatoes and squash.  So far--she loves it all.
4.  She now has two teeth.  Yes, two. (if you look carefully in the picture below you can see them!)
5.  Okay so what is the big deal with having kids and getting this huge "tax break"??  Maybe we did something wrong but it's not like it made the biggest difference in the world.  I was picturing like 4K or a large sum of money in that range.  I had visions of boosting her college fund with this magical money.  I was mistaken.
6.  Miss Z has had so much fun lately with all of the family she's seen.  My parents came at the end of January, my sister was here last weekend, we visited Matt's parents this weekend and my mom arrives here again on Thursday.  She is one super popular kiddo.  No one wants to be away from her for too long and I don't blame them!!
7.  Speaking of not wanting to be away from Zoey... lately I just cannot stand when I hear stay at home mommies complain about staying home.  Maybe if they never tried going back to work after having kids they just wouldn't know how lucky they have it.  I mean seriously...I would give my left arm (the one I write with, even!) to stay home with Zoey.  Every time I leave her in the morning a little piece of me wilts.  Even though I know it's not a personal attack, every time I hear a complaint it kind of hurts my feelings.  I would trade you in a heartbeat, ladies!
8.  Three day weekends are the best.  Thanks George and Abe.  
9.  I still have the cutest and best baby on the planet.  So there.


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this picture! Can't believe how big she is getting! Love those gorgeous blue eyes and that big smile!

    ReplyDelete